After School Program Teacher
Just for Kids, awarded Employer of the Year by Buffalo State and the University at Buffalo, is looking for enthusiastic, creative, and motivated staff who have a passion for working with today’s youth and whose everyday priorities align with Just for Kids core values: to provide an engaging, enriching, and safe out of school experience.
Just for Kids is a community centered non-profit organization that offers programming for the Williamsville and Grand Island Central School Districts, Cheektowaga Central and select private school locations in Hamburg and Swormville (East Amherst).
Before and After School Program Teachers work directly with a group of kids in a before and after school setting implementing appropriate and engaging activities for the Just for Kids participants in a safe, supervised, and structured environment.
Schedule: After school programs follow the District/School calendar, Monday through Friday, from dismissal through the close of program (5:30pm or 6:00pm). Morning programs run from 7:00 am through the start of school. Five day availability preferred, but not required.
We are pleased to have been recognized:
‐Child Care Provider of the Year, Child Care Resource Network (2015)
‐Employer of the Year – Buffalo State (2012) & University at Buffalo (2015)
‐Buffalo Business First ‐ Best Places to Work Finalist – (2015)
‐UB Nonprofit Internship Site of the Year – (2015)
- Plan and implement age-appropriate, educational and engaging activities for children in the Just for Kids Before & After School Program.
- Provide support and assistance to enrichment curriculum related tasks.
- Provide direct competent supervision to children at all times.
- Communicate activity plans and group needs to Site Manager.
- Daily communication with participating families, staff, children and school personnel.
- Help to maintain a positive work climate.
- Other duties specified by the Site Manager.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have earned a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Education or related field OR High School Diploma and 2 years direct experience in care of children 13 years of age and younger.
What we offer you:
‐Flexible Work Schedules
-Competitive hourly rate
‐Performance, Attendance, and Referral Bonuses
‐Health benefits if working 30+ hours/week
‐Stellar Dental Discount Plan
-West Herr Vehicle Purchase Plan
-Just for Kids School-Age Program Discount